The Whooshkaa web player is an easy way to embed a podcast episode in a website. This will be enough for most users and podcasts.
In the case that this option does not work for you or you have a player that you need to use instead, Whooshkaa has been designed in a way to make this an option also. There are a few important guidelines and steps that you have to follow.
- Grab the URL of the episode from the dashboard in your show's episodes area via the Actions menu. This is found in Shows > Episodes > Actions > Copy Audio URL.
- The URL of the episode must be used exactly as provided by Whooshkaa. This also means that in cases where it redirects to another location (e.g. a 302 redirect), you must not use the location to which it is redirected to as this may change in the future.
- URLs may change after updating episodes. In this case, you should check that the URL you are using is the same as provided by step 1 above.
- Do not allow preloading in players. In particular for web players and <audio> tags, you must set preload="none" for you audio tag. This will prevent them from simulating a listen.
- Do not implement autoplay as this may have a poor experience for your listeners and may negatively impact your listen analytics.
- Contact us with any queries or if you would like to discuss your use case -- we may have some further tips for you.