If you're importing your content from Castos to Whooshkaa you want to be sure all your information transfers and that your fans are unaware that the change took place. The following process will inform Apple Podcasts (iTunes), podcast apps and any other podcast directories that you've made the change.
How to move from Castos to Whooshkaa
1. Go to Castos and export and save your analytics. All your other data (audio, images, show notes etc) will import to Whooshkaa.
2. Locate your current Castos RSS feed within their platform and copy it.
3. Sign into your Whooshkaa Dashboard and navigate to "Shows & Episodes". Click on the "Import a Show" button.
4. Paste in your "Castos RSS Feed" and click "Create." Whooshkaa will then import your show.
5. Once imported, copy your new Whooshkaa RSS feed. For more details on how to do this, see this guide.
6. Go to Castos
7. In the Podcast area of your Castos dashboard click the "Edit Podcast" button for the podcast feed that you want to redirect:
Once on this page scroll all the way to the bottom until you see the Advanced Options button:
8. Paste your "Whooshkaa RSS feed" into the "Forward RSS Feed" field and then click "Save Podcast Details." Castos will then add a redirect tag to your feed for you.
9. Go to Apple's Podcast Connect
10. Click on your existing podcast.
11. In Whooshkaa, copy your new Whooshkaa RSS feed. For more details on how to do this, see this guide.
12. In Apple's Podcast Connect, paste your new "Whooshkaa RSS feed" in the "URL text box." Then click "Save." Apple Podcast’s will then pick up this change.
We recommend keeping your old Castos feed in place for a few weeks to ensure all subscribers have moved across.