If you're importing your content from Wordpress to Whooshkaa, you want to be sure all your information transfers and that your fans are unaware that the change took place. The following process will inform Apple Podcasts (iTunes), podcast apps and any other podcast directories that you've made the change.
How to move from Wordpress to Whooshkaa
1. If you're using the Powerpress Plug-in, your RSS feed will be in the following format:
2. Sign into your Whooshkaa Dashboard and navigate to "Shows & Episodes". Click on the "Import a Show" button.
3. Paste in your "Wordpress RSS Feed" and click "Create." Whooshkaa will then import your show.
4. Once imported, copy your new Whooshkaa RSS feed. For more details on how to do this, see this guide.
5. Go to your website's Wordpress Admin
6. Open your PowerPress Settings.
7. Under the "Advanced Options" section, enable "Custom Podcast Channels" and click "save".
8. Open PowerPress and select "Podcast Channels" in the left-side menu.
9. Mouse over your podcast name and select the "edit" link that appears.
10. Open the iTunes tab, click the "iTunes New Feed URL" option and paste your new "Whooshkaa RSS feed".
11. Click "Save Changes"
WordPress will then add the entered iTunes redirect tag to your feed for you.
12. Go to Apple's Podcast Connect
13. Click on your existing podcast.
14. In Whooshkaa, copy your new Whooshkaa RSS feed. For more details on how to do this, see this guide.
15. In Apple's Podcast Connect, paste your new "Whooshkaa RSS feed" in the "URL text box." Then click "Save." Apple Podcast’s will then pick up this change.
We recommend keeping your old WordPress feed in place for a few weeks to ensure all subscribers have moved across.