Whooshkaa uses dynamic ad insertion technology. It allows us to inject content rich advertisements into your podcast. Read more about monetisation.
Different ad types:
- Pre-roll: Before an episode starts.
- Mid-roll: In the middle of an episode
- Post-roll: At the end of an episode
You can add cue points in episodes where our different type of ads might play.
How to add cue points to an episode
1. Sign into your Whooshkaa account, select “Shows & Episodes” and click "Shows" from the side menu on the left. Now click the "Episodes" button on the show that the episode belongs to.
2. Locate the episode you would like to edit and click on the title of the episode. You will be taken to the "Edit" screen.
3. Locate the "Annotate" button, which can be found in the "Audio" section. Click the button and the audio toolbar area will enable the Midroll and Postroll buttons. Note: There is no need to add cuepoints for pre-rolls as those are automatically added.
4. Once the tools are available, move the audio marker (caret) to the poisition where you would like to place the cuepoint and click the midroll (MI) or postroll (PO) button. The cuepoint will be placed at that point. Once placed, the specific position or type can be further refined by the text fields below: click the cuepoint and enter its desired time position or type.
6. To save these changes, you will need to save the episode. Scroll to the bottom of the edit screen and click the “Update” button.