If you're importing your content from Omny Studio to Whooshkaa you want to be sure all your information transfers and that your fans are unaware that the change took place. The following process will inform Apple Podcasts (iTunes), podcast apps and any other podcast directories that you've made the change.
How to move from Omny Studio to Whooshkaa
Go to Omny Studio
1. Export and save your analytics. All your other data (audio, images, show notes etc) will import to Whooshkaa.
2. Under “Playlists (Podcasts)” from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen, click on your “Podcast's Name.”
3. Click on the “DETAILS” tab then copy your "Omny RSS feed" by clicking the “Copy to clipboard” button.
4. Sign into your Whooshkaa Dashboard and navigate to "Shows & Episodes". Click on the "Import a Show" button.
5. Paste in your "Omny RSS Feed" and click "Create." Whooshkaa will then import your show.
6. Once imported, copy your new Whooshkaa RSS feed. For more details on how to do this, see this guide.
7. Go to Omny Studio
8. Still under the “DETAILS” tab, scroll down and click on "Advanced Settings" to expand the options.
9. Under "Podcast RSS permanent redirect," tick the box that says "Redirect this playlist’s podcast RSS feed to a new URL.” Then paste your new “Whooshkaa RSS feed” in the text box and click “Save.”
Omny Studio will then add the entered iTunes redirect tag to your feed for you.
10. Go to Apple's Podcast Connect
11. Click on your existing podcast.
12. In Whooshkaa, copy your new Whooshkaa RSS feed. For more details on how to do this, see this guide.
13. In Apple's Podcast Connect, paste your new "Whooshkaa RSS feed" in the "URL text box." Then click "Save." Apple Podcast’s will then pick up this change.
We recommend keeping your old Omny Studio feed in place for a few weeks to ensure all subscribers have moved across.