If you're importing your content from a Self Hosted RSS Feed to Whooshkaa you want to be sure all your information transfers and that your fans are unaware that the change took place. The following process will inform iTunes, podcast apps and any other podcast directories that you've made the change.
1. Go to your Self Hosted Feed Export and save your analytics. All your other data (audio, images, show notes etc) will import to Whooshkaa.
2. Sign into your Whooshkaa Dashboard and navigate to "Shows & Episodes". Click on the "Import a Show" button.
3. Paste in your "RSS Feed" and click "Create." Whooshkaa will then import your show.
4. Once imported, copy your new Whooshkaa RSS feed. For more details on how to do this, see this guide.
5. Go to your Self Hosted Feed
6. Insert the following line of code at the <channel level>
<itunes:new-feed-url>*paste your Whooshkaa RSS feed*</itunes:new-feed-url>
7. Go to Apple's Podcast Connect
8. Click on your existing podcast.
9. In Whooshkaa, copy your new Whooshkaa RSS feed. For more details on how to do this, see this guide.
10. In Apple's Podcast Connect, paste your new "Whooshkaa RSS feed" in the "URL text box." Then click "Save." Apple Podcast’s will then pick up this change.
11. Go to your Self Hosted Feed
12. Configure a a 301 redirect. Consult your web server documentation on how to configure a 301 redirect.
For example, on an Apache web server. you may do this by, opening up your ".htaccess" file located in your "Root" or "Public" folder. Then copy and paste the following directly below the RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^path/to/old/feed path/to/old/feed *paste your Whooshkaa RSS feed*
Remember to change the above path/to/old/feed to your real RSS path.
We recommend keeping your old feed in place for a few weeks to ensure all subscribers have moved across.