If you're importing your content from Libsyn to Whooshkaa you want to be sure all your information transfers and that your fans are unaware that the change took place. The following process will inform Apple Podcasts (iTunes), podcast apps and any other podcast directories that you've made the change.
How to move from Libsyn to Whooshkaa
1. Go to Libsyn and export and save your analytics. All your other data (audio, images, show notes etc) will import to Whooshkaa.
2. From your Dashboard, click on “Destinations” and then select “Edit or View Existing.”
3. In the "Libsyn Classic Feed" row click "Edit" and on the following screen locate the "Advanced Options" section at the bottom of the screen. Ensure that the Episode/Post Limit field is set to 0. This will ensure that all of your episodes are included in your RSS feed.
4. Return to the "Destinations" screen, locate the "Libsyn Classic Feed" and click “View Feed.”
5. Copy the "URL" from the address bar.
6. Go to Whooshkaa
7. Sign into your Whooshkaa Dashboard and navigate to "Shows & Episodes" and select "Shows". Click on the "Import a Show" button.
8. Paste in your "Libsyn RSS Feed" and click "Create." Whooshkaa will then import your show.
9. Once imported, copy your new Whooshkaa RSS feed. For more details on how to do this, see this guide.
10. Go to Libsyn
11. Still under “Destinations” in the "Libsyn Classic Feed" row, click “Edit.”
12. At the bottom of the page, click “Advanced Options” so it expands.
13. Paste your new "Whooshkaa RSS feed" in the "Redirect Feed to this Web Address" text box.
14. In the “Extra RSS Tags” text box, enter the following:
<itunes:new-feed-url>INSERT YOUR COPIED WHOOSHKAA RSS FEED HERE</itunes:new-feed-url>
15. And then click “Save.” Libsyn will then add the entered iTunes redirect tag to your feed for you.
16. Go to Apple's Podcast Connect
17. Click on your existing podcast.
18. In Whooshkaa, copy your new Whooshkaa RSS feed. For more details on how to do this, see this guide.
19. In Apple's Podcast Connect, paste your new "Whooshkaa RSS feed" in the "URL text box." Then click "Save." Apple Podcast’s will then pick up this change.
We recommend keeping your old Libsyn feed in place for a few weeks to ensure all subscribers have moved across.