Terminology - Podcast, Show and Episodes
Before we begin, let's get on the same page about terminology. The term 'podcast' can refer to either individual episodes, or a whole show/series. This is sometimes confusing to new Whooshkaa users.
To keep things simple, we prefer to use the terms Show and Episode:
- Show is the name of your series, for example, "The Simpsons".
- Episodes are the individual instalments of your show, delivered in intervals (e.g. daily or weekly).
How to add your Show to Whooshkaa
1. Sign into your Whooshkaa account. If you don’t have an account yet, you can sign up here.
2. Choose between the two options:
“Import your show via RSS” - If you're already podcasting and want to import your podcast from another provider. Learn how to import a show via RSS feed.
“Add your first show” - Instructions continued below.
3. Fill in all the information fields and upload your Cover Art Image. When you're done, click "Select Categories" to proceed.
- Title: What is the name of your show?
- Sub Title: What is the short description of your show?
- Description: How would you describe your show in more detail?
- Cover Art Image: The required image size is a minimum of 1400 x 1400 pixels and a maximum of 3000 x 3000 pixels, ideally under 1MB. Tips on what makes good Cover Art.
- Type: Select “Episodic” or “Serial”
Episodic: For content where listeners are served the most recent episode first.
Serial: A new method for chronological content, that should be consumed from the first episode to last.
- Number of Seasons: Specify how many seasons your show currently has. You can update this value when you have added a new season.
- Author Name: Who is the author(s) of this show?
- Author Email: Email address to contact the author on
- Primary Category: Select the category for your podcast to be listed under. iTunes will list your podcast under this category.
- Additional Catgories: If you would like to have your show listed under additional categories, enter them in this field. Note: iTunes does not support additional categories and will only use the primary category.
- External Show Page > Show Page URL (Optional): What is your show’s website? If you leave this field blank you will be provided one from Whooshkaa.
- Copyright (Optional): Any copyright text.
- Explicit Rating: Choose between “Clean” and “Explicit”. Pick "Explicit" if your show contains explicit content or language.
4. Once you've completed entering all of your show information, click "Create" to save.
Now you're ready to start adding episodes!