Apple Podcasts (previously better known as "iTunes") is where the majority of podcasts are found and heard. In fact, Apple's podcast app accounts for around 65% of all podcast listening (although that number does vary on different devices and shows, of course).
Once you've setup your show in Whooshkaa, submitting it to Apple Podcasts is straight forward.
How to submit your show to Apple Podcasts
1. Sign into your Whooshkaa account, select “Shows & Episodes” from the side menu on the left. Locate the right show and click the "Overview" button or the show's title.
2. Copy your RSS URL (see here for more details) then press the "Submit to Apple Podcasts" button.
3. A new window will open prompting you to enter your "Apple ID" and "Password."
You can use your iTunes Store account however if your podcast is aligned to a work related project, it's worthwhile creating a new Apple ID that's not personally aligned to you. You should do this using an email address you can access. You can create a new Apple ID here.
4. Once signed in, click the “+” button.
5. Paste your “Whooshkaa RSS feed address” in the URL box and then click “Validate.”
6. Check your details are correct and then click "Submit."
7. You will receive an 'iTunes Store Podcast Created Successfully' email (to the account linked to your Apple ID) notifying you that your podcast is under review.
The review can take up to 14 days however it usually happens within 24-48 hours.
8. Once you receive an 'iTunes Store Podcast Approved' email from Apple, copy the "iTunes URL" included in the email e.g. https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/sour-pod/id1223748711
9. Sign into your Whooshkaa account, select “Shows & Episodes” from the side menu on the left. Locate the right show and click the "Overview" button or the show's title. Once in the show's overview, click the "Reviews" tab.
10. Paste your “iTunes URL” in the box and then click "Save."
Once you've pasted your iTunes URL in Whooshkaa, our embeddable player will then include an Apple logo which when clicked, allows people to view your show in Apple Podcasts.
Note, once you've submitted your new show to Apple Podcasts, each episode you upload via Whooshkaa will be automatically added to Apple Podcasts. This may take a few hours before Apple re-scans your RSS feed.
You can force a re-scan by selected "Refresh Feed" in Apple's Podcast Connect (sign in to Podcast Connect, click on your “Show’s Name” and then click “Refresh Feed”).
And now you should submit your show to other podcast directories.