We will make sure all of your information transfers!
If you're importing your content from Anchor to Whooshkaa you want to be sure all your information transfers and that your fans are unaware that the change took place. The following process will inform Apple Podcasts (iTunes), podcast apps and any other podcast directories that you've made the change.
How to move from Anchor to Whooshkaa
Go to Anchor
1. Go to Anchor and Export and save your analytics. All your other data (audio, images, show notes etc) will import to Whooshkaa.
2. Go to Whooshkaa into your Whooshkaa Dashboard and navigate to "Shows & Episodes" and select "Shows". Click on the "Import a Show" button.
3. Paste in your "Anchor RSS Feed" and click "Create." Whooshkaa will then import your show.
4. Once imported, copy your new Whooshkaa RSS feed. For more details on how to do this, see this guide.
5. Email Anchor, using the following details.
Within Anchor press the 'Contact us' button at the top of the help center. You need to request they re-direct your feed to point to your new Whooshkaa one. Send a message to the following effect:
Can you please apply a 301 redirect for my NAME OF SHOW podcast as a matter of urgency. I'm moving to a new podcast host provider. This redirect is from INSERT ANCHOR RSS FEED to INSERT NEW WHOOSHKAA RSS FEED. The email address associated to my Anchor account is INSERT YOUR ANCHOR LOGIN EMAIL ADDRESS.
Please keep this redirect in place for a minimum of 4 weeks. Thanks in advance and please let me know once this is complete.
6. Go to Apple's Podcast Connect and click on your existing podcast.
7. In Whooshkaa, copy your new Whooshkaa RSS feed. For more details on how to do this, see this guide.
8. In Apple's Podcast Connect, paste your new "Whooshkaa RSS feed" in the "URL text box." Then click "Save."
Apple podcasts will then pick up this change. We recommend keeping your old Anchor feed in place for a few weeks to ensure all subscribers have moved across.
In case you wanted to know....