Apple's new iOS 11 release has new features and at Whooshkaa you can easily add this in!
How to add the new Apple Podcast tags to an existing show and episodes
In the past, podcast apps have assumed listeners want to start with the most recent episode, rather than at the beginning. Apple Podcast app can distinguish between two different types of content
- Episodic - for content where listeners are served the most recent episode first, following how the system has traditionally worked.
- Serial - a new method for chronological content, that should be consumed from the first episode to last.
How to update your existing show
1. Sign into your Whooshkaa account , click Shows & Episodes then select Shows from the side menu on the left. Locate the show that you wish to edit and click on its title or Overview button. From the Overview tab, click the Edit button.
2. Adjust your show Type choosing either Episodic or Serial
3. To save these changes, click the Update button at the bottom of the page.
Seasons & Episodes
You are now also be able to help listeners distinguish between seasons of your show, alongside what audio is an episode, trailer or bonus piece of content.
How to add seasons and differentiate between your content
1. If your show has seasons, simply adjust the Number of Seasons number (follow step 1 and 2 above and then select the season number).
2. To save these changes, click the Update button at the bottom of the page.
3. To make changes to existing episodes, navigate to your Shows & Episodes from the side menu on the left. Locate the show that you wish to edit and click on its title or Episodes button and locate the episode you wish to edit. Click on the episode's title to edit it.
4. Adjust the Season and Episode numbers.
6. Adjust your episode Type choosing between Full, Trailer or Bonus
7. Make sure you remove any episode/season numbers in your show's Title
8. To save these changes, click Update Episode and repeat steps 3-7 to update other episodes.
In case you wanted to know....
💡You no longer need to list episode/season numbers in your show title, the Apple Podcasts app will now have the information needed to sort them correctly