You can integrate third-party analytics such as Chartable and Podtrac by configuring a tracking URL prefix.
Whooshkaa provides you with comprehensive IAB Certified analytics ("Insights") as part of your subscription.
However, if you would like to use a third-party analytics solution such as Chartable or Podtrac you can do so by configuring a tracking URL prefix for your Show.
Configuring a tracking URL prefix
In your Show's settings:
- Check the "Tracking URL Prefix" checkbox.
- Step 1 will reveal an additional text field "Tracking URL Prefix [Required]". In this field enter the URL that was provided by your third-party analytics solution. Make sure to add a trailing slash ("/") at the end of the URL.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Update" button to save your settings.
Warning: Adding a prefix incorrectly can make your content inaccessible to your listeners. Please check that your configuration is valid using the steps below.
Checking your URL prefix
To check that your prefix has been successfully added:
- Find your Show's RSS URL and open it in a web browser.
- Inside each <item> is one <enclosure> tag. The url value for each enclosure should be prefixed with your tracking URL, followed by a trailing slash, followed by the url to your episode audio or video beginning with https://media.whooshkaa.com
Example: See below in bold.
<title>URL Prefix Example Episdoe</title>
<description><![CDATA[<div>You can manage tracking URL prefixes in Whooshkaa.</div>]]></description>
<pubDate>Wed, 26 May 2021 10:11:00 +1000</pubDate>
<enclosure url="https://chrt.fm/track/ABCDEF/https://media.whooshkaa.com/show/1384/episode/584578.mp3" length="5477006" type="audio/mp3"/>
<itunes:subtitle>You can now publish video podcast episodes, like this one, with Whooshkaa.</itunes:subtitle>
<itunes:summary>You can now publish video podcast episodes, like this one, with Whooshkaa.</itunes:summary>
- Copy the <enclosure> url value and open it in a web browser. Your audio / video should play.
If the media is unable to be played, your configuration is most likely incorrect. In order to avoid disruption to your listeners, immediately remove the configuration by following the steps at the top of this article in reverse order, then click the "Update" button at the bottom of the page to save your Show settings.
You may then want to contact your third-party analytics provider for support.
Please note: It may take a few minutes after saving your Show settings, for your RSS feed to update with your tracking URL prefix.