A Private Feed is how your members get access to private content to a Show or a Show Group.
Access via Private Feeds
A Private Feed is a relationship between a member and a Show or Show Group and grants access to an individual. Access may be granted via the Play Portal, a Private RSS feed or both. In either method, the Private Feed needs to exist in order for an individual member to access their content.
If your organization is single sign-on (SSO) enabled, you can enable auto-provisioning of feeds for your members. This will create a Private Feed at the point of signing in, for that member. This is our recommended method.
Alternatively, you can invite each member individually and grant access in that way.
No matter in which way access is granted, a Private Feed is needed.
Navigating to Private Feeds of a Show
To manage a Private Feed for a listener of an individual show, all you need to do is the following:
- Locate and navigate to the show you wish to invite them to.
- Locate the Private Feeds tab and click it.
- You will notice a table (or cards on mobile view) listing the private feeds for the show.
Navigating to Private Feeds of a Show Group
To manage a Private Feed for a listener for as show or group of shows (show group), all you need to do is the following:
- Locate and navigate to the show or show group you wish to invite them to
- Edit the show or show group:
- Locate the Private Feeds tab and click it.
The following guides all extend on the specific actions you may perform here.
Inviting a Listener and Creating a Private Feed
To create a Private Feed, follow the steps in the above Navigating to Private Feeds of a Show section, and the following:
- Click the Invite button and select the Invite Individual Listener menu item. Observe the popup dialog. For bulk creation via CSV, see this guide.
- Complete the fields including the name and email address. The name will be used in communications to the user and to help you identify the feed, while the email address will be used to send the link and subscription to the feed to user. If you would like to send the invite immediately, check the Send email invitation to the user checkbox.
- Click Create and observe the new user added to the Private Feed listing.
You can choose to send the invitee an email invitation. The email invitation will contain a link for them to access the content. Before accessing each time, they will need to confirm that they are the controller of the email address. This is done by receiving the access code to the email address.
Editing a Private Feed
To create a Private Feed, first follow the steps in the above "Navigating to Private Feeds of a Show" section. Next locate the individual feed by looking through the list or searching for the specific email address or address using the search field. Once you have located the feed to edit, you may do the following:
- Click the Actions button to reveal the menu. Click on Edit
- The Edit dialog will pop up, revealing fields to edit the Name, Email and a checkbox to re-send the invite with the new details.
- Complete the changes, checking the Send email invitation to listener checkbox if you would like the new changes to be sent to user.
- Click Update to complete.
Sending a Feed Invite via Whooshkaa
To send a Private Feed invite for an existing feed, first follow the steps in the above "Navigating to Private Feeds of a Show" section. Next locate the individual feed by looking through the list or searching for the specific email address or address using the search field.
In the Actions menu, locate the "Send invitation" item. This will send the details to the user.
Please note that when creating a feed and when editing a feed, you have the option to send the details.
Manually Share a Feed Link
You may also send a feed invite manually by copying its RSS feed and sharing it with your intended listener. To do this, locate the Copy RSS URL item by following similar steps to the "Sending a Feed Invite via Whooshkaa section above and click it. The RSS URL will be placed on your clipboard and you may send the instructions to listen as you wish.
Deleting a Private Feed
To delete a Private Feed, first follow the steps in the above "Navigating to Private Feeds of a Show" section. Next locate the individual feed by looking through the list or searching for the specific email address or address using the search field.
In the Actions menu for the feed, locate the Delete item. Please note that once the feed is removed, access will also be removed for the user using that feed.
Private Feed Security
Private feeds are individual links to an RSS feed. The feed itself contains a secured token, which is for use by a the invited individual only. These links must not be shared by users and should be kept secured in the individual's app as sharing the feed URLs will grant access to the content.
Whooshkaa has a mechanism for detecting link sharing and will display an alert when it detects that a link has been shared. Clicking this alert icon will display the use history.