Go for it, you can do it!
How to create your show
If your podcast is not ready, you can still create a sample show to see how easy it is to make!
1. Sign into your Whooshkaa account. If you don’t have an account yet, you can sign up here.
2. Choose between the two options:
→ Import a show - if you're already podcasting and want to import your podcast from another provider. Learn how to import a show via RSS feed.
→ Create a show -
Title - what is the name of your show?
Sub Title - what is the short description of your show?
Description - how would you describe your show in more detail?
- Summary - a brief summary displayed in players and directories (if you leave this blank, one will be derived from the description)
Cover Art Image - the required image size is a minimum of 1400 x 1400 pixels and a maximum of 3000 x 3000 pixels, ideally under 1MB. Tips on what makes good Cover Art.
Language - specify your show's language.
- Type - select “Episodic” or “Serial”
→ Episodic - for content where listeners are served the most recent episode first
→ Serial - chronological content that will be heard from the first episode to last
- Number of Seasons - specify how many seasons your show currently has. You can update this value when you have added a new season.
- Author Name - who is the author(s) of this show?
- Author Email - email address to contact the author on
- Primary Category - select the category for your podcast to be listed under. iTunes will list your podcast under this category.
- Additional Categories - if you would like to have your show listed under additional categories, enter them in this field. Note: iTunes does not support additional categories and will only use the primary category.
- Copyright (Optional) - any copyright text. Note: at times Apple or other directories may request that you to place a code to confirm ownership -- this is the easiest field to place this value in.
- Podcast Networks - add your show's existing iTunes, Spotify and Google Podcast's URLs here.
- External Show Page > Show Page URL (Optional) - what is your show’s website? If you leave this field blank you will be provided one from Whooshkaa.
- Normalize Loudness - specify the loudness setting for your show's new episodes. When configured, this setting allows you to specify the loudness level for your episodes from one of the recommended levels by iTunes, Google Podcasts or the Amazon Alexa team. Note: This setting will only take effect for new episodes being created. Existing episodes will not be affected by this change.
- Explicit Rating - choose between “Clean” and “Explicit”. Pick "Explicit" if your show contains explicit content or language.
- Remove Show from Apple Podcasts - your show will not be visible on Apple Podcasts if this is enabled. Please note that it may take several days for this to become active.
- Redirect from Whooshkaa - if you wish for your RSS feed to be redirected to another URL, enter the URL here.
- Enable Advertising and Dynamic Content - this controls whether this show may have ads inserted into it. This option is required to be on for the Whooshkaa Campaign Manager to work on this show.
- Enable Whooshkaa Show Pages - this controls whether your show has a publicly accessible show page on the Whooshkaa Show Pages directory.
- Enable Video Episodes - this options will appear if your tenancy has the Video Episodes entitlement and controls whether your show's episodes will support a video version of the episode (both video and audio can also be used).
- Enable Public RSS Feed - this option controls whether or not your show has a publicly accessible RSS feed. Warning: Disabling this option will stop publishing your RSS feed, meaning no one can access your RSS feed, including the Podcasting apps.
- RSS Episode List - the number of episodes to publish in your RSS feed.
- RSS Preferred Format - set how your RSS feed should treat episodes with audio and video, since most players only support one format at a time, so only one type will be listed in the RSS:
- Audio Preferred: Lists audio and video episodes, using audio tracks from videos as the media if audio is not set.
- Audio Only: Lists only audio episodes. Episodes with only video will not be listed.
- Video Only: Lists only video episodes. Episodes with only audio will not be listed.
- Video Preferred: Lists audio and video episodes, using the video from video episodes as the media if it is available.
- Set Show as Completed - if this option is selected, the show will be marked as "completed" an no more episode may be added to it. IMPORTANT: once you enable this, Apple Podcasts and other networks may not accept a changed setting for the show.
3. Fill in all the information fields and upload your Cover Art Image. When you're done, click Select Categories to proceed.
4. Once you've completed entering all of your show information, click "Create" to save.
Now you're ready to start adding episodes!
In case you wanted to know....