Start a new topic

Audio File Optimisation

Hi, I'm noticing a big difference in sound quality between the MP3 file that I upload onto Whooshkaa (containing stereo information, clarity on high frequencies) and the way it sounds coming off iTunes (mono, higher frequencies sound muffled).

The loss of clarity wasn't as evident on the first episode, but for the second episode it's really noticeable.

Has anyone else noticed this? Are there any Whooshkaa settings that I can change to fix this when I upload? Does anyone have any advice re mastering and encoding my audio to minimise the effect of the file compression that's happening?

Thanks!

What is the preferred format for you? We could try to make sure we are editing in that format so we know we're going to be hearing what the podcast will sound like at the other end of the uploading / ad adding. 

Hi Dave,

We have to get the audio files into a consistent format for the ad technology to work. We currently don't have the ability for podcasters to change the settings used for their show, but we may look at doing this so you will be able to tweak the conversion settings however you like. Stay tuned!

Cheers,

Jonathan

Ah, we have been uploading .m4a 's, but are happy to switch. Will MP3s make things quicker/easier on your end? 

Ah, we have been uploading .m4a 's, but are happy to switch. Will MP3s make things quicker/easier on your end? 

HNY, MP3 is fine.

Login or Signup to post a comment